Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 6.2.2 CE GA3 , 6.2.X EE, 7.0.0 M4
This is caused by commit 7cd10b20d12f9cab1d575a050a3f05c11510c88f
The simplification actually modifies the behavior of the doTag method by modifying the scope of the JSONObject, and when the objects Header/footer paths are added.
An alert message from the custom portlet appears twice when it should appear once. I think this is a bug because in 6.2 SP8 it only appeared once.
Steps to Reproduce
1) Start a clean bundle of 6.2 SP9
2) Deploy the two custom portlets attached to this ticket
3) Change the theme of the home page to the custom sp9 theme.
4) Click ok on the alert box.
5) Refresh the page.
6) Click ok on the alert box
Expected: The alert box would close like it did in step 4.
Actual: The alert box reappears.
Important: This issue does not occur in 6.2 SP8.
Branch 62x - 30324b2f74a5033bcd49e439bbb8e430d8f97ae7: Reproduced
Master - 274ce86c8858c4f8694eb2a45538277b7e7aed83: Cannot test in Master because the theme will not deploy per this log message.