Currently a user can go through these steps and run in to a console error:
- Add RSS (or AP) portlet to a page
- Click the gear > Configuration
- Under the Display Template dropdown, click 'Manage Display Templates for Liferay'
- Add a new ADT Template with the required *RSS Feeds lines
- Click to add the 'Portlet Preferences' line
- Save and close the iframe
- Select the new ADT Template
- Save the changes to RSS configuration, and close the iframe
RSS will display with the new template setting and not throw any errors.
The RSS display indicates error lines and displays lines of the ADT template code, and console throws the following error:
The template palette editor should only suggest lines that will work when rendered, and without any related console errors. I've boxed in green, below, the lines I'm talking about.