Affects Version/s: 6.2.10 EE GA1, 6.2.X EE, 7.0.0 M5
This was extremely difficult to reproduce, however, it seems that with the steps below it can be reproduced fairly consistently.
1. Switch to Week view. In the mini calendar the current week is highlighted with a grey background.
2. Add an event to user's calendar. Start date: current week Tuesday, Start time: 1 PM, End Date: same, End Time: 2 PM. Repeat/every 1 days/6 occurences.
3. Note the line for the current week in the mini calendar. It still has the grey background, plus dots under the event days and the current day in blue.
4. Hide user's calendar.
5. Note the line for the current week in the mini calendar. It still has the grey background, but the dots and the blue have disappeared. This is normal.
6. Create an event for the site calendar. Start Date: previous week Tuesday, Start time: 1 PM, End Date: same, End Time: 2 PM. Repeat/every 1 days/6 occurences.
7. This new event series will be properly shown in the mini calendar.
8. Navigate back to the previous week with the back arrow button. Now the previous week has a grey background in the mini calendar. Therefore I think that when in week view, there should always be a grey background for the week currently viewed in the detailed calendar, for the whole week! Is my understanding correct?
9. Click on the site event, choose Delete/All in series. (it seems that this is the key action for reproducing this issue)
Result: In the mini calendar, the grey background remains only for previous week Monday, but it should remain for the whole previous week.
10. With the forward arrow, switch back to the current week in the detailed view.
11. Switch between hiding and unhiding user's calendar.
Result: when hidden, the grey background in the mini calendar is shown only for current week Monday, just like in step 9.
Expected: The grey background should remain for the whole week. It is, however, normal that the dots and bold characters and the blue selection disappears. Only the grey background should remain, but for the whole week.
I think this all boils down to the fact that the grey background should always remain on the whole currently viewed week, and never just partially, whatever you do (hide, unhide calendar, delete/update event). Currently it seems that there are cases when this grey bend is not complete for the whole week. Consequently, when in month view, all the days in the mini calendar should have the grey background always. This is also not the case (use month view, create an event which repeats for a few days, then delete it. The days of the event will lose their grey background).