Affects Version/s: 6.2.X EE, 7.0.0 M6
Updating a web content translation through the API is losing its folder, this is causing that a new DRAFT version is created under root folder.
The method that has the error is the next:
com.liferay.portlet.journal.service.JournalArticleLocalServiceUtil.updateArticleTranslation(long, String, double, Locale, String, String, String, Map<String, byte>, ServiceContext)
This is causing that in 6.2.x adding a translation through the WCM User Interface is losing the folder if you follow the next steps:
- Go to Site Admin - Web Content
- Create a folder, folder1
- Go into the folder and create a new basic web content and publish it
- Edit again the web content and try to add a new translation, eg for Spanish
- In the translation popup, do some changes in the content for that translation. Save the translation, this will close the popup.
- Don't publish this web content and go again to the Site Admin - Web Content
Result: A draft version is found in the home folder - also you can edit this article and approve it and the result is that you have the web content listed in the root folder and in the folder1.
Expected: The article should ever be in the same folder if it's not changed