Steps to reproduce:
- Configure the portal instance to send mail to a designated email account
- Add a 'user1' who will use that email account
- Make the User's language Spanish
- Give the User an Administrator role
- Navigate to Admin > Content > Web Content
- In the portlet configuration, navigate to the 'Web Content Added Email' tab
- In the tab, select the Spanish flag by the subject and body fields
- Add something for each field, including some of the variables defined below the body field
- Login as user1 and subscribe to Web Content admin
- Logout and log back in as test test
- Add a Web Content article 'wc1' inside the folder
- Navigate to the email account inbox and wait a minute or two
- The email will come with the Subject and Body fields defined in the configuration above
The variables will still translate into their English definitions.
They display as unparsed variables. See screenshot.