Affects Version/s: 6.2.3 CE GA4, 6.2.10 EE GA1, 6.2.X EE, 7.0.0 M6
View permissions do not work correctly when upgrading from 6011 to 6012 to 62
Steps to Reproduce
- Start any version of Liferay before 6012
- Add a private page
- Add portlet to the page
- View permissions of the portlet to assert you see the guest role
- Add new user, give them membership to the private page
- Upgrade to 6012
- Navigate to the private page as an Admin user
- Change permissions on the portlet to remove the view option for site members (community members in 6012)
- Sign in as the user created earlier and navigate to the private page
- User can see portlet with "User does not have access to view this portlet" error.
- Upgrade to 6210 sp11
- Navigate to the private page as new user
- Assert you can see the portlet
- Sign in as admin
- navigate to permissions section of the portlet on private page
- Assert there is no guest role in permissions section and that site members do not have view permission
- Sign in as user and navigate to private page
Expected Result: The Site Member will not be able to view the Asset Publisher
Actual Result: The Site member is able to view the AP
Branch 62x - 50ce17594730d38e749be015bf5b13ba6975e44e: Upgrading from 6011 to 6012 to branch 62x reproduced the issue.
Master - 51072c452f30e600609847b9e30dbbc6fa441440: Can't test in master because upgrades from 6.0 to 7.0 are not supported.