Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 7.0.0 Beta 5
- Shorten URLs.
- Hide parameter names and values (Security reasons).
- Make URLs human-readable and easy to remember.
- Content editors
- Final users
- Ease of use
- Until now the URL was short enough for the the most restrictive browser.
- The modularization process makes the parameter names and values of the query string very long so it was at stake to accomplish the browsers restriction related to URLs length.
- As part of the modularization process, it is required to send the JSP page path and name as a parameter. Using friendly URLs hides this information.
- Ease of use
- Power users can write the URL in the browser and go directly to the page without navigating through pages. This makes easier and faster to access to a page or a tab inside the page.
- Easy to remember
Only applies to the content that is already in the page. If you are searching for a content that is in the site but not added to the page then it won't be shown as a result
- Patterns of friendly-urls:
- /web_content_search/search --> shows the UI to search for web content and its results
- /web_content_search/search/keywords --> shows the UI with the results for the specified keywords
- /web_content_search/targetPortletId/search --> shows the UI to search for web content of a specific target portlet
Note: to test the last example, the following steps are required
- Go into the configuration view of the journal content search portlet
- Uncheck the option "Only show results for web content listed in a Web Content Display portlet."
- Specify the "Target portlet ID"
- Brand new friendly URLs: http://master.liferay.org.es/web/jid-site/page1/-/web_content_search/search