Affects Version/s: 7.0.0 Alpha 1
IMPORTANT NOTE: Behavior fixed in this issue will be changed after
LPS-63997 (for Combo servlet only).
This issue exists in all liferay versions(6.2 and before) including CE & EE editions.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to any public facing liferay sites(http://www.sesamestreet.org/)
2. Take any <servlet-mapping> -> <url-pattern> values from web.xml (from ROOT folder ->WEB-INF/web.xml) for example: /combo/*
3. add this to the public domain. www.sesamestreet.org/combo/ and access the page
4. Will get http 404 error. It suppose to redirect to /c/portal/status to display error page.
5. Can be reproducible in local in environment too. Just access localhost:8080/combo/
Issue: in VirtualHostFilter.java
After this condition:
if (!friendlyURL.equals(StringPool.SLASH) &&
_log.debug("Friendly URL is not valid");
After URL is determined not as valid URL, the user should be redirected
to the /c/portal/status, instead it continuing with filter chain processing.
If site was access with hostname/combo1/ hostname/combo (without forward slash at end), liferay is redirecting to the /c/portal/status (status.jsp) error page.