Affects Version/s: 6.1.X EE, 6.2.X EE, 7.0.0 Alpha 2
When creating a web content structure with a select field, UI "swallows" the options with same values without alerting the user.
- Start a 6.2 portal and login as admin
- Go to Admin > Site Administration > Content > Web Content > Structures
- Create a new structure and add a "Select" field. Save. Reopen the structure, click on the Select field to bring up the Options / Values list
- In the "Settings" tab, double click on "Options" > Add option
- Name: option 4 - Value: value 3 >
The UI allows saving and there is no warning message about non-unique values which will be lost.
(The list after saving will become:
option 1 - value 1
option 2 - value 2
option 4 - value 3)
UI should alert the user about the option-lost
maybe it can be better if UI (and Liferay backend) can deal with any options, like the option editor and the select modul in metal.js and pure html can. I created a fix, but it changed the store of options in AUI, which was flagged as dangerous modification by developers.