Affects Version/s: 7.0.0 Alpha 2
When page customization is enabled, portlet permissions that are set on the default version of a page are not carried over to customized versions of the default page. This results in all portlets on the default version of the page being sent to a user's customized version regardless of whether or not that user should be seeing those portlets.
1. Create a new site and add a public page.
2. Create a new user (Newguy).
3. Add Newguy to the new site.
4. Navigate to the new site's public page and open the Edit Page panel.
5. Under Customization Settings, click 'Show Customizable Sections' and enable it for all columns on the page.
6. Add some various portlets including at least one Web Content Display portlet to the default version of the page.
7a. For one of the Web Content Display portlets, remove 'View' permission from all roles.
7b. For another portlet, add or remove permissions which will not affect visibility such as 'Subscribe'.
8. Log out from the omni-admin and log in as Newguy.
9. Navigate to the new site.
The Web Content Display portlet that Newguy does not have view permission for is not shown on Newguy's customized version of the page. And the altered Subscribe permissions from the default page should have carried over to the customized page.
Neither of the portlet's permissions carried over; the web content portlet is visible and the other portlet did not retain any of the modified permissions. Both portlets have default (not the default site, just default for the given portlet type) permissions. However, the web content portlet is not visible to Newguy when viewing the Default version of the page, and the modified subscription portlet is still present.