Steps to reproduce:
- Add a Language portlet to a page
- Click to Configure the portlet
- In Display Template, choose Select Box
- Below this dropdown, unflag 'Display Current Locale'
- Save, and close the iframe
When the User reloads the page, the main language will still be available as the face of the dropdown, but not in the list of languages in the dropdown (like the behavior of the Icon Menu display template).
The Select Box language display (which had "English"), now says "español". Yet, in Icon Menu style, it will display "English". See attached gif.