Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 6.2.X EE, 7.0.0 M7, 7.0.0 Alpha 3
LPS-57182 the SNAPSHOT versions of a component are considered as the same version to the final one.
With this, upon deployment, the SNAPSHOT marker is lost.
- On branch 6.2.x you will need to update Marketplace portlet to the latest version to be able to see version numbers. See:
- On Master there were some issues with App Manager portlet cannot be opened/doesn't show the deployed plugin, therefore nothing can be seen on UI.
1. Create a sample plugin with version 1.0, deploy it
2. Update this plugin to version 1.1-SNAPSHOT and deploy it
Checkpoint #1: Go to Control Panel and click on App Manager,
3. In case point #2 fails, see the logs a message like this should appear:
The plugin version doesn't state that this is a snapshot version.
You can see in App Manager that the version is a snapshot
The SNAPSHOT (and other qualifiers) String should be stored similar to previous versions.
Test fix - Current Master's App Manager doesn't show the deployed plugin. For this there is an alternative test.
When you install version 1.0.2-SNAPSHOT onto 1.0.1, the log should inform you what is happening.
Log message with fix:
Log message without fix: