Affects Version/s: 6.1.X EE, 6.2.X EE, 7.0.0 Alpha 3
Link to Page value is not required when creating a page of type Link to Page
Steps to reproduce/Testing done
- Start Liferay and login as admin
- Go to > Control Panel > Site Pages
- Add a new page of type portlet
- Click on the page that was just added and change its type to Link to Page
- Leave the Link to Page pull-down menu blank and hit save
- Notice that it saves and the Link to Page value is not required
- Try to add a page of type Link to Page from the Welcome page after logging in
- Notice that it will always be created after a name is given and that it doesn't even give the option to the user to choose a page to which it will link.
Results of Testing
Expected behavior: A page of Link to Page type will not save unless a value is given for the Link to Page field
Actual behavior: A page of Link to Page type will always save even if a value is not given for the Link to Page field.
This issue affects not only the Link to Page type, but all others. For instance, in the Link to URL type you could leave the URL empty.
Reproduced in trunk? Yes (74c1938d2800d327e72c3d2d47464aae72a54e7b)
Reproduced in 6.1.x? Yes (ab72dcff6b78ecdb82a92d4156d87e0541148fc3)