Support for this was not fully implemented, resulting in the update_account.jsp being rendered with an error message when the user chooses to associate their existing incomplete user (from a guest comment posting) with their new Google user.
- Login in as admin
- Configure Google SSO via the portal settings
- Add the blogs portlet to a page and make a blog entry
- Log out admin
- Navigate to where the blogs portlet was added and use it to prepare a comment
- Press "Reply as..." and click Guest in the login popup
- Enter any user details, but make sure to enter the email address associate with your Google account. Press "Save"
- When asked if you would like to activate the account, press "Cancel" (or just close the popup)
- Now carry out a login via Google using the login portlet
- You will be asked if you would like to associate the existing "incomplete" user. Press the "Associate Account" button.
- Complete the remaining new user process as normal (terms, remainder etc.)
Expected: You are now logged in and the comment that was posted as guest is showing as by the new Google user
Actual: You are presented with the create account form and unable to proceed any further due to validation errors