Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 7.0.0 Beta 3
Fix Version/s: 7.0.0 Beta 3
When deploying themes from plugins SDK the build is successful, but when selecting the deployed theme, Portal renders an empty page and throws the following errors in the console.
16:58:20,547 ERROR [http-bio-8080-exec-6][ThemeUtil:226] zoe-brochure-theme_SERVLET_CONTEXT_/templates/portlet.ftl does not exist
16:58:20,554 ERROR [http-bio-8080-exec-6][ThemeUtil:226] zoe-brochure-theme_SERVLET_CONTEXT_/templates/portlet.ftl does not exist
16:58:20,555 ERROR [http-bio-8080-exec-6][ThemeUtil:226] zoe-brochure-theme_SERVLET_CONTEXT_/templates/portal_normal.ftl does not exist
Steps to reproduce:
1. Navigate to any theme that uses velocity templates in plugins SDK
2. Deployed theme to 7.0 bundle
3. Navigate to page settings and selected deployed theme
4. Navigate back to the main page
5. Assert that Portal renders a blank page and that errors are thrown in the console
The reason for this issue is that Portal is now defaulting to freemarker templates, which almost all themes in the SDK do not use, and since velocity used to be default they do not contain the necessary configuration options for Portal to know they are using velocity.