Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 7.0.0 Beta 7
Fix Version/s: 7.0.0 CE RC1
After adding View permissions for User Groups for non-administrator users, the non-administrator users cannot see any user groups when database search is turned on. It is working fine with search by index.
Steps to Reproduce
- Under Control Panel->Roles, create a Regular role called Manage Usergroups
- In Actions->Define Permissions, add User Groups: Access in Control Panel permissions
- Click on the User Groups tab and create two groups called One and Two
- Edit the Permssions for One and enable Assign Members, View and View Members for the Manage Usergroups role
- View the Permssions for Two and ensure View and View Members is not selected anywhere.
- Create a new user and ensure that he only has the Manage Usergroups role.
- As the user, go to Admin->Control Panel
Expected Result: The user should not be able to see grouo 'Two' because the View permission is turned off.
Actual Result: The User does not see any user groups.
This is caused by the change in
LPS-61003. I have to force the User Group search to use the indexer to be able to see user groups. The database search does not seem to be working.