Steps to reproduce:
- Add a Site
- Change it to be Local Live Staging
- Add a Page to the Site
- Add a second Page, this time toggling the 'Hide from Navigation Menu'
- Go to the Site
- Add a portlet on the first page for reference
- Before or after Marking for Publication and Publishing to Live...
- In the Product Menu, click the second page
- Notice that the URL has some string like this layout?p_l_id=20995&p_v_l_s_g_id=0
- Try adding the second page name in the URL
The hidden page will still be accessible, and the URL will indicate which page the User is on.
Instead of the page name in the URL, the User sees ...layout?p_l_id=20995&p_v_l_s_g_id=0 appended, and even trying to manually enter the correct page name URL will send the User to page ID string. See attached gif.