In master, the user has the option on how to sort images that were uploaded into the file server. In 6.2.x, however, there is a "Resource Browser" interface which is drastically different from the interface in master, and this interface does not give the user the option on how to sort images. Instead, images are automatically sorted alphabetically.
1. Start Liferay.
2. Navigate to Site Administration > Content > Web Content.
3. Create a new Basic Web Content article.
4. Click on the image button in the CKEditor.
5. Click on the Browse Server button to bring up the Resources Browser.
6. Click on the Choose File button.
7. Upload several images.
There is a drop-down menu that allows the user to select whether to sort images by title, modified date, or size.
Images are sorted alphabetically, and there is no option to change the sorting method.
6.2.x? Yes, issue reproduced in branch: eca96a70fce9b4ab68f16b156c9e77574ca0d8cc