I am testing on:
Tomcat 8.0.30 + MySQL 5.6. Portal master GIT ID: e718658657af81dc11ac14fd9556328d37b6e52e.
Steps to reproduce:
- Start Liferay 6.2 (I used 6.2 CE GA6)
- Add a web content display portlet
- Add a web content article through the web content display portlet
- Shut down Liferay 6.2
- Use the DB upgrade tool to upgrade to 7.0 and start Liferay 7.0.
- Check the web content display portlet to see if the web content article is there
The web content article should display in the portlet.
The portlet will be empty (only the portlet title will appear), and there won't be an option to select web content either (like there is when you add a fresh web content display portlet to the page). Also, after adding a new web content display portlet, the original web content won't appear as an option to be selected if you try to select a web content.
However, the web content article itself survives the upgrade because you can still find it in Product Menu > Content > Web Content. I can also publish web content just fine. So a user isn't able to display the old web content articles without recreating them.