In master, DDM Date Field Values are stored as a datestamp. However, in 6.2 and previous versions, they are stored as a timestamp in milliseconds. The upgrade process from 6.2 to master converts the value from a timestamp to a datestamp; however, DDM Templates are not upgraded to support datestamps. Instead, they still expect a timestamp, causing the Date Field Value to not be displayed by the template.
- Start up a new database in Liferay 6.2.
- Create a new Web Content Structure with a Date Field.
- Create a new Template for that Structure that displays the date.
- Create a new Web Content with the Structure and Template from the previous two steps. Make sure you fill in a value for the Date Field.
- Click on the Web Content and select "Basic Preview" to make sure that the Template is displaying the Date Field Value as expected.
- Shut down the portal and upgrade it to 7.0.
- Start up the portal.
- Go to the Web Content you created and select "Preview".
Expected Result: The Date Field Value will be displayed.
Actual Result: The Date Field Value is not displayed.
Reproduced in master: 7e058c0fe87388f19d04bdd1b464f9d0f07a6326