Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 6.2.10 EE GA1, 6.2.X EE, 7.0.1 CE GA2
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Staging > Resource Importer
I managed to reproduce the problem in 6.2.x with the following steps:
1. Deploy resources-importer-web from plugins-ee repository
2. Deploy test-resources-importer-portlet from plugins-ee repository
3. Go to http://localhost:8080/web/test-resources-importer-portlet/home
4. In test-resources-importer-portlet add the following line to liferay-plugin-package.properties.
5. Redeploy test-resources-importer-portlet and refresh the Welcome page
resources-importer-developer-mode-enabled=true property will result in deleting and recreating the contents.
The problem is that the cache related to Web Contents are not cleared, because the resources-importer-web plugin sets the following flags:
This way the cache won't be cleared, JournalContentImpl.java:
I checked how it works with the export/import framework, there are explicit calls to clear the caches, PortletImporter.java
On master: test-resources-importer-portlet is not deployable, so I was unable to properly test, it seems affected, the resources-importer-web has been moved to it's own export-import-resources-importer module in liferay-portal