- Perform calculations in a form, using as part of a mathematical expression, values from a data provider.
- Form Builder
- Updated values from data providers being used as part of mathematical expressions (common example of data that is constantly updated is currency exchange rates), that brings the benefit of the form builder to use only updated values;
- Lower the risk of using outdated values;
- Save time on building formulas that need constant value update.
As a form builder, I would like to perform mathematical operations using values from a data provider, so that I can use external data as part of a mathematical expression in my form.
1. The form builder should be able to assign a value from a data provider as part of a mathematical expression;
2. Prevent what happens if the data provider is unable to reach.
- As a admin analyst, I would like to use Liferay Forms to build a reimbursement app, so that I can perform calculations, currency conversions and establish expenditure limits.
For this use case, the form builder should implement a mathematical expression that will consider a currency rate that updates according to the day the form is being filled and submitted.