Affects Version/s: 6.2.5 CE GA6, 6.2.10 EE GA1, 7.0.0 DXP FP6
Steps to Reproduce - 6.2
1. Setup 6.2 cluster (running on localhost:8080 and localhost:9080 - patch level: portal-128
2. Add Portal Instance from Control Panel (ie. virtual host: test) on node1
3. Navigate to Control Panel > User > Roles and click on 'Power user' then on 'Define permission tab'
Checkpoint: you can see the list to default set permission provided to power user role
4. Now login as test user in test:9080 (node2)
5. Navigate to Control Panel > User > Roles and click on 'Power user' then on 'Define permission' tab
Result: empty page is shown apart from the menu bar on the left
PortalInstances is a "psuedo" cache of Company information. It is used, for example, by PortalUtil to return configured companies or the default one.
In a cluster environment when you add or remove a company from a node, in the other nodes PortalInstances is not updated.
I've configured a cluster with two nodes and two company (on the left node1 on the right node2). In the homepage a custom portlet will show:
But when I refresh homepage on node2:
Database is up-to-date. PortalInstances is out of sync.
All the code running on node2 using PortalInstances or PortalUtil will never see the new company.
For example if you install a plugin with a StartupAction on node2 this Startup is runned only on two companies
The things will go worst when you remove a company