Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 6.2.X EE, 7.0.1 CE GA2, 7.0.0 DXP SP2
Component/s: Application Security > LDAP
Branch Version/s:7.0.x, 6.2.x
Backported to Branch:Committed
Git Pull Request:
QA Test Name:
QA Test Score:3
The LDAP import doesn't work and there is an 'Unable to encrypt blank password' error in the log. It seems to be a regression of LPS-62030.
- Prepare an LDAP server (reproduced with OpenLDAP, but couldn't reproduce with ApacheDS).
- Connect Liferay portal with an LDAP server with at least 1 user in LDAP!
- Go to Control Panel - Instance Settings - Authentication - Configuration tab - LDAP tab
- Add an LDAP Server using one of the available defaults, e.g. Apache DS
- Check "Enabled" and "Import Enabled"
- Go to Control Panel - System Settings - Foundation - LDAP Import
- Check "Import Enabled" ("User Password" is checked by default, it's fine)
- [You can also modify the interval for the import so you don't need to wait ~10sec)
- Configure LDAP through Control Panel - Portal Settings - Authentication
- Restart the portal and wait until the users are imported (check the DB or go to the Users and Organizations)
- Stop the portal
- Go to your LDAP server and edit the LDAP user: change for example its "givenName" for something else
- Start the portal
Expected result: No errors, import works
Actual result: This error appears in the log during scheduled import, import doesn't work: