Currently, the Image Editor always saves images as png, as this is the default value for all data-related operations. In practice, this is only a bit misleading, since files with .jpeg extension will have png mime types and content. IE11 however will fail to decode the images whose extensions don't match their mime type.
Steps to reproduce
- On IE11
- Log in to Portal and upload the attached jpg image to the Document Library
- Navigate to Content > Blogs > Create Blog Entry
- Click on the content editor and on the + button to open the Item Selector
- Go to the "Documents and Media" tab and select the image
- Click on the pencil to open the Image Editor
- Apply some changes and click save (1)
- Click the Add button on the item selector (2)
After saving (1), the item selector doesn't show the saved image.
After clicking add (2) an unknown image icon is shown in the editor.
After saving (1), the saved image shows in the item selector.
After clicking add (2), the saved image is appended to the editor.