Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 6.2.X EE, 7.0.0 CE RC1
Portlet A sits on Layout B, There is a Layout revision C and when the preferences are retrieved from the render request it's attempting to retrieve the prefs from Layout C, but at this point the prefs only exist on B.
Since the portlet preference for Layout revision C doesn't exist, it should read from the preferences of layout B.
Use the attached dump, or:
- Add a new site
- Activate Staging > local live on the new site
- Add a site page to the new site and navigate to it
- Add a nested portlet with a few portlets in the site page (this should be staged)
- Shut down Portal
- Upgrade to Liferay 7 using the upgrade tool. Notes for how to upgrade can be found here and here
- Start up Portal and navigate to staged site page
Staging page should have a nested portlet with the added portlets inside.
Staging page has a nested portlet with no portlets inside.
Tomcat 8.0.32 + MySQL 5.6.
Portal ee-7.0.x GIT ID: 248837d0fd55142fcd767b701e6be4a1d819ba9b
Upgraded from 6.1EE and 6.2EE.
A similar bug (also addressed by the original fix) can be reproduced in layout revisions when upgrading from 6.1 to 6.2.
Steps to reproduce when upgrading to 6.2:
- Start up Liferay 6.1
- Configure the Liferay site to use local staging, with page versioning enabled for public pages
- Create a new page version
- On the new page version, add a Web Content display portlet
- Create some Web Content, and configure the Web Content display portlet to display it
- Shut down Liferay, then upgrade to 6.2 and start up Liferay
- Login and navigate to the second page version
Expected result: the Web Content display portlet is still there showing the selected Web Content (in the database, the PortletPreferences are still present)
Actual result: the Web Content display portlet now displays no content (in the database, the PortletPreferences have been deleted)