As a Theme/Content Developer, I want to copy/save-as bundled/default Application Display Templates, because this would ease my burden creating new ones, and I may not have access to the original source code.
This should apply to all areas using <liferay-ddm:template-selector>. Typically under: deployed portlet > Configuration > Manage Display Templates.
Identified areas include:
- site-navigation-breadcrumb-web: Breadcrumbs
- site-navigation-menu-web: Navigation Menu
- site-navigation-site-map-web: Site Map
- asset-categories-navigation-web: Categories Navigation
- site-navigation-language-web: Language Selector
- asset-tags-navigation-web: Tags Navigation
- asset-publisher-web: Asset Publisher
- /modules/apps/web-experience/rss: RSS Publisher
- wiki-web Wikis
- blogs-web: Blogs
- document-library-web: Document Library
Currently, only user created Application Display Templates are listed under Manage Display Templates. This change would list the bundled/default Application Display Templates, as well. Allowing a user to save new versions of them, while keeping the originals unchanged.
For Application Display Templates, which come bundled with Portal
- List. (not sure if alongside, or if in a separate list)
- Open/view the source code
- Save-as/a copy of, to prevent modifying the originals.
- No extending/inheriting; these new Application Display Templates should be self contained.