Affects Version/s: 6.2.X EE, Master
- Connect a clean Liferay 6.2 bundle with clean DB.
- Boot up 6.2 and Navigate to Content -->Dynamic Data List, and create a Data Definition name "Parent1" add a text field to the definition
- Create another Data Definition named "Child" using "Parent1" as its parent definition, and add field to the definition.
- In the Dynamic Data List, create a list "Test List" using "Child" as the definition.
- Add record under "Test List" and add value to the fields.
Observed Behavior: The value you put for "Parent1" and "Child" definition is shown in the UI and in "ddmcontent" table the records show both value.
- using upgrade tool from 7.0 and upgrade the DB from 6.2 to 7.0
- Once complete the upgrade, boot up 7.0. then do a reindex
- Navigate to Dynamic Data List and view the record under "Test List"
Observed Behavior1: The record will show the field from Parent1 and Child. But the actual value you put in step 5 for Parent1 is not listed.
Observed Behavior2: In DB ddmcontent table, the Parent1 fields are missing from Database.