7.0.0 CE GA1, 7.0.0 DXP SP1, Master
Steps to reproduce:
(setting journal.article.check.interval=2 will help with testing this issue)
1. Create a new Web Content article
2. Uncheck the "Never Expire" option under the Schedule section
3. Select the expiration date to be 3 minutes in the future
4. Publish the article
5. Edit the same article which you have just created
6. Select the "Never Expire" option for this version of the article
8. Wait 2 minutes.
9. Go to Article version history
Expected behavior: previous JournalArticle version has "Expired" status (table field status=3).
Actual behavior: previous JournalArticle version has "Approved" status (table field status=0).