Affects Version/s: 7.0.0 DXP GA1, 7.0.0 DXP FP2, 7.0.0 DXP SP1, Master
Component/s: Dynamic Data Lists
Branch Version/s:7.0.x, 6.2.x
Backported to Branch:Committed
Sprint:Sprint 25: Sep, 05 - 16
Git Pull Request:
This is pretty similar to LPS-43131 which is listed as a regression bug. LPS-43131 indicates that if a Data Definition has a single quote, it cannot be selected. In this specific case, if a Dynamic Data List's title has a single quote, it cannot be selected in Dynamic Data List Display. This issue was verified on 7.0 DE + Fix Pack DE-2.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Start up 7.0 DE + Fixpack DE-2
2. Sign in as [email protected]
3. Click Menu Bar > Liferay DXP (site) > Contents > Dynamic Data List > Create New List
Data Definition: Contacts (whatever is out of the box)
4. Save the newly created list "test's"
5. Go back to public page (welcome), add Dynamic Data List Display portlet to the page
6. Click Select List in the Dynamic Data List Display
7. Choose "test's"
Clicking the list with a single quote in its title will display on the top line (Displaying List: test's), allowing me to click Save and display this list.
Nothing happens when we try to choose the "test's" list. Instead, if we check the browser console, we can see a js error:
Uncaught SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list – Something seems to be escaping.