Currently, blog readers can see the estimated reading time of a post (
LPS-66652). The aim of this story is to allow blog authors to see the estimated reading time meanwhile they are writing the entry. This time should be visible without needing to scroll, and updated in real time. It should be possible to disable it and activated by default.
- Authors have to see the estimated reading time while are writing a entry
- The author starts a new entry
- Read Time appears while he is writing
- Saves / Publishes entry
- An author edits an entry
- Pin the status bar
- Show Reading Time within status bar
- Update Read Time while user is writing
- Animate the shrink of the status bar when the user scrolls down
The Status Bar consists in three parts:
- Reading Time
Status bar with Reading Time
- If the Reading Time is less than 1min it doesn’t appear in the status bar. When Reading Time reaches 1min the Reading Time value is added.
- If a user scrolls down the status bar continues pinned but its height is reduced to 50% and its font size change to 12px.
- When a user is scrolling down and the status bar reaches the accordion "y" position, the status bar is hidden with a fade out animation that lasts 200ms.
- When a user is scrolling up and the status bar overtakes the accordion "y" position, the status bar is shown with a fade in animation that lasts 300ms.
Status bar with normal size
Status bar when a user scrolls down
There's a known bug that happens when you write a large content in less than 30 seconds (when the autosaves run). This can happen when copying and pasting the content in a new blog entry. In that case, it will appear something like: " - 1 min read". This is something we are aware of and we will fix it as part of an upcoming story.