Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 7.0.0 DXP FP4, 7.0.0 DXP SP1
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: ~ [Archived] Themes Infrastructure
It seems that there is a problem with the Theme Contributor and its ability to override changes to the default theme. To give background into this issue, while attempting to use product-navigation-control-menu-dxp-theme-contributor to replace the Control Menu's gradient to a different design, the new build does not reflect the design after deploying it to the Liferay environment.
Please be advised that this issue has been identified while trying to follow the dev.liferay.com guide on Theme Contributors: https://dev.liferay.com/develop/tutorials/-/knowledge_base/7-0/theme-contributors (section on EDITING THEME CONTRIBUTORS).
Steps to Reproduce
1. Obtain the latest build of ee-7.0.x, and perform ant all to build an ee-7.0.x bundle – Start up the server, and keep it running while we perform the next steps
2. Locate /liferay-portal-ee/modules/private/apps/web-experience/product-navigation/product-navigation-control-menu-dxp-theme-contributor/src/main/resources/META-INF/resources/control_menu/_control_menu.scss and open this file in a text editor
3. Locate line 35 which will read as follows:
4. Replace it with
and then save the file
5. In Terminal/Command Prompt, navigate to /liferay-portal-ee/modules/private/apps/web-experience/product-navigation/product-navigation-control-menu-dxp-theme-contributor
6. Run ../../../../../../gradlew build to start the build
7. Once the build has been successful, navigate to /liferay-portal-ee/tools/sdk/dist, and notice that com.liferay.product.navigation.control.menu.dxp.theme.contributor-1.0.5.jar has been created
8. Copy com.liferay.product.navigation.control.menu.dxp.theme.contributor-1.0.5.jar to $liferay.home/deploy
9. Once com.liferay.product.navigation.control.menu.dxp.theme.contributor-1.0.5.jar has been fully deployed, open up the browser to Liferay hostname (e.g. http://localhost:8080)
10. Sign in as firstname.lastname@example.org
Control Menu bar will be red, indicating that the Theme Contributor has overridden the default OOTB theme.
Control Menu is the default theme indicating that the changes did not reflect in Liferay
- ee-7.0.x commit 94db9f0418086df751fb837cf2ac14c70ca0d056
- 7.0 DE DXP + Fix Pack 4