Affects Version/s: 6.2.X EE, 7.0.0 DXP SP2, Master
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Sync Connector
Customer is using Liferay Sync 3.3.0 with their Liferay 6.2 SP10. In the portal, they have got a user(UserA) with a role named Test_Role. They create a folder(Test_Folder) with viewable by only Owner and later on they also give View permission to Test_Role. Now, they configure UserA with Liferay Sync and they are able to see the Test_Folder. But, if they remove Test_Role from the UserA, UserA is still able to view this folder in Liferay Sync Desktop. Whereas, UserA is not able to see this folder in the portal.
The permissions should be reflected immediately on Liferay Sync.
Steps to Reproduce:
1) Extracted clean instance of Liferay SP 10 and logged in with admin user.
2) Deployed Sync Connector v188.8.131.52(provided on LPP-23210) and installed liferay sync desktop application v3.3 on desktop.
3) Created a Role named "Test_Role", Create a user named "UserA".
4) Assigned this user to Liferay Site and assigned Test_Role to "UserA"
5) Configured my desktop's Liferay Sync with UserA.
6) In the portal(being logged in with admin user), I added a "Test" folder in document and media and gave View permission only to Owner Role.
7) UserA was not able to see Test folder in desktop which is expected.
8) Give View permission for Test_Role to Test folder.
9) UserA was still not able to see Test folder in desktop. To make it visible, UserA has to select this folder from preferences in Liferay Sync App.
10) Now, if we remove the Test_Role, Test_Folder is still present through sync application.
Which means, if we remove or assign any permission to a user, that permission is not getting reflected on Liferay Sync Application whereas, these permission are getting reflected on Liferay Portal immediately.
Given permissions to Users should be reflected to sync immediately.