Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 7.0.0 DXP SP2, Master
A portlet's ability to write/read from an external database is broken as of
LPS-68980. This happens because LPS-68980 unified all the different transactions, without accounting for the fact that the user may have a custom portlet that doesn't touch the Liferay database at all.
Please note that the table ssb_foo is generated in the local database. Service builder should not do this since the external database is being used. This might be a separate bug that should be investigated, as well.
Steps to reproduce
- Create two databases - a local database and an external database.
- From the attached sample-blade-servicebuilder-portal-properties.zip, add the three modules to osgi/modules in your bundle.
- Add the following properties to my portal-ext.properties (modify these for your environment):
- Create the ssb_foo table on the external database with this script:
- Start the portal.
- Add the sample portlet from the Sample category. Note that the name of this particular portlet is blank under the category Sample.
- Add an object in the portlet
Expected Result: As is seen in a version of the portal prior to
LPS-68980, the object is written to the external database and is displayed in the portlet.
Actual Result: The object is written to the local database's ssb_foo table.
master? Yes, issue reproduced in master (cd83aa91d9654b8b08eef75dbc6eb54d1b97e705)
ee-7.0.x? Yes, issue reproduced in ee-7.0.x (727286e5e436c0f76f5efd291123cea2379d47c4)