Resolution: No Longer Reproducible
Affects Version/s: 7.0.0 DXP SP2
If a calendar has a time zone different from UTC, the event of a recurrent series ended by an "until" date can be impossible to update. Those are the conditions for this failure:
- Event's calendar is not in UTC.
- Event's start time falls in different days in UTC and the calendar's time zone.
- Event is a single instance of a recurring series.
- The event come to be a single instance by
- being the first in the series; and
- having all instances after it removed or edited.
- Start up Liferay.
- Log in with admin account.
- Change your user's time zone to "America/Los_Angeles."
- In the Left panel, go into My Account > Account Settings.
- Then go into Miscellaneus > Display Settings.
- Choose "Standard Pacific Time." Save.
- Add calendar to a page. Go to week view.
- Create an event in the user calendar that:
- Starts at Sunday, 8 PM.
- Repeats every day.
- Close the full edit window.
- Drag the Tuesday instance to 9 PM.
- Click on the Monday instance.
- Change the title.
- Click on "Save."
- Choose "Following instances."
- The Monday instance and following ones would change the title.
- The Monday instance flashes out and come back unchanged.
- No instance is ever updated.