Affects Version/s: 6.2.X EE, 7.0.0 DXP GA1
- Create a web content structure and a template for it in the default site
- Create a document type in the default site
- Add 2 Asset Publisher portlets on the home page
- Configure the portlets so the first one displays web content articles that are based on your structure, the second displays documents with your document type
- Turn on local staging for the default site with Web Content and Documents and Media unchecked
ee-6.2.x: The initial publication will fail with MissingReferenceException
ee-7.0.x/master: The initial publication succeeds but the portlet preferences of the AP portlets are not updated during the import phase, the classTypeIds values remain as UUID#groupId
The problem is we are trying to replace the IDs of the DDMStructure and DLFileEntryType in the portlet preferences even when the assets that they refer to are not staged.
We had a conversation with Eduardo and Máté about how staging should work in this case, and the conclusion is that we should not change the IDs in the preferences if the content they are associated to are not staged.
Another thing to note is that there is no easy way currently to determine the portlet ID from the className. In version 6.2, it's possible to do it with by using the indexers and this approach has been already confirmed by the engineers. On master we need some refactoring to make it feasible as the indexers were modified and that approach is not possible.