Affects Version/s: 6.2.10 EE GA1, 6.2.X EE, 7.0.0 DXP GA1, 7.0.0 DXP FP11, 7.0.0 DXP SP2, Master
Component/s: Application Security > LDAP
Steps to reproduce:
- Start Apache Directory Server
- dc=example, dc=com, ou=system
- Under Authentication's LDAP tab, click on "Add" to configure the LDAP server in Liferay;
- Enter the server name;
- Choose Apache Directory Server
- Click on "Test LDAP Connection" to test connection using the default values.
- In the Groups section, change the attribute from uniqueMember to member to the field "User";
- Save the LDAP server;
- Under Authentication's LDAP tab, enable export and enable group export;
- Go to User Groups and add one User Group called "UG"
- Go back to Authentication's LDAP tab and check the "Enabled" checkbox;
- Try to assign a member to the User Group just created.
NullPointerException is thrown in the application server's console.
SchemaViolationException should appear in the console instead of NPE for better understanding of the mapping error. In this case, the mapping error induced in the steps was the use of member attribute when the group object class is groupOfUniqueNames.
6.2.x @ commit 49f4f1dacbdc134777d75fbd42436dec42c04a2e
7.0.x @ commit cbc0aa058523ca981b7627882e25716f79d1faf8
master @ commit 394a432d95f5d05f9fc1d0a534c36198925a5a48