Affects Version/s: 7.0.2 CE GA3, 7.0.0 DXP FP10
Component/s: App Management
- Start a vanilla 7.0/DXP bundle
Note: when using a branch (master/7.0.x), you need to delete the bundles of Liferay Push app from LIFERAY_HOME/osgi/modules: remove all the com.liferay.push.notifications.* jar files before starting the server.
- Download Liferay CE Push from Marketplace: https://web.liferay.com/marketplace/-/mp/application/48439053
- Deploy 'Liferay CE Push.lpkg' (place to the "deploy" folder, see the doc)
Successful installation of the app.
Deploying stops with no messages on console. Portal keeps working.
There are no additional information can be seen in logs. Gogo shell doesn't list the plugin either. The log contains only:
All apps (LPKG) which have restart-required=true property set in their liferay-marketplace.properties (inside the *.lpkg file) requires a server restart to complete the installation. This is intended.
What happens in the background that the LPKG file gets moved to LIFERAY_HOME/osgi/marketplace and will be picked-up, installed and started after the next server restart.
The standard way to purchase and install apps from Liferay Marketplace is to login to your account from the portal on the Control Panel and purchase the app, then when you click on the “Install” button you get a warning message indicating that the portal instance will shut down and needs to be restarted to complete the installation. (See ).
What we could do to improve the “user experience” is to
- (Code) Update com.liferay.marketplace.deployer.internal.LPKGArtifactInstaller.install(File) and log a warning message like “The portal instance needs to be restarted to complete the installation of LPKG_FILE_NAME” when restart-required=true. -
- (Documentation) Update https://dev.liferay.com/discover/portal/-/knowledge_base/7-0/installing-apps-manually and add a note about this scenario to let administrators know what they need to do when manually deploying a previously obtained LPKG (with restart-required=true). The source of this doc is in https://github.com/liferay/liferay-docs/blob/master/discover/portal/articles/06-managing-apps/03-installing-apps-manually.markdown. -