Affects Version/s: 6.2.X EE, 7.0.0 DXP SP2, Master
Any document folders that were created in Liferay 6.1 do not display an author/creator after being upgraded to DXP. This happens because of a bug in Liferay 6.1 that causes the userName column to be null when a folder is created. The fix for this will be to add a new upgrade process which fills in null userName columns in the DLFolder table.
Steps to reproduce
- Start up a clean Liferay Portal 6.1 GA2 bundle and log in as the admin user.
- Navigate to Documents and Media.
- Create a few folders.
- Stop Liferay and upgrade to the version of Liferay you are testing on.
- After the upgrade completes, navigate to Documents and Media.
- Change the view mode to "Descriptive".
Expected Result: The text above each folder would read "[Admin User Name], modified [Time] ago".
Actual Result: The text above each folder reads ", modified [Time] ago".
Issue affects master and 7.0.x. Issue is not as pertinent in 6.2.x because 6.2.x completely omits the text if the userName is null, rather than displaying a phrase with an obviously missing word. It would still be nice to backport the verify process to 6.2.x, though.