Affects Version/s: 7.0.0 DXP SP2, Master
Component/s: Web Content > Web Content Administration
When a journal article associated to a DDM structure has validation issues, an exception is thrown in JournalArticleLocalServiceImpl.validateDDMStructureFields which says:
This error message does not mention which article these errors occur in, nor for which field or structure. A customer is trying to import their site LAR and was encountering errors in their import related to a journal article, but was unable to determine the cause of the error from this message. This error is correct, because the web content article has a "required" text field that is not being used. Unfortunately, the error is vague and does not tell us what is causing the error.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1) Create a structure with a text field. Create a template for that structure.
2) Create a web content article on that structure, but leave the text field blank.
3) Change the structure to now make the text field required.
4) Control Panel>Site>Publishing>Export the site into a LAR.
5) Create a new site and Import the site LAR
Error is thrown and is descriptive of issue. It would be helpful to see which article, or at least the offending field and structure.
Only error is shown on page: com.liferay.dynamic.data.mapping.exception.StorageFieldRequiredException: Required field value is not present for en_US