Affects Version/s: 6.2.X EE, 7.0.X EE, Master
0. Please use a vanilla bundle with fix pack portal-131.
1. Create a Basic Web Content (let the title be "Test Web Content").
2. Add an Asset Publisher portlet to the welcome page.
3. Configure the Asset Publisher portlet: Select "Asset Selection" "manual". in "Asset Entries" select "Web Content Article" and select "Test Web Content".
4. Save configuration.
5. Notice that the selected "Test Web Content" is in the list.
6. In the control panel drag and drop "Test Web Content" to trash.
7. Notice that the selected "Test Web Content" disappeared from the asset publisher.
8. Try portlet Configuration.
Result:You should notice the NPE in the server log and will have a truncated section on the configuration page for "Asset Entries" (no selection, no current selection data).
6.2x @ commit (e7d080416c7dfdfb7af181514d7a91953a5404b3) reproduced
master @ commit (9eac638fb06f623f53e418925de89e0ad9991281) reproduced