Affects Version/s: Master
Nested Portlets portlet's inner portlet's Look and Feel are overridden by the outer portlet's Look and Feel. It makes logical sense to me that configuring the overarching Nested Portlets portlet should trickle down to whatever portlets that it's nesting. However, considering that Liferay permits the nested/inner portlets to be able to configure their Look and Feel without restriction/disabling it, inner portlets Look and Feel should be able to override the outer Nested Portlets portlet's Look and Feel.
Steps to reproduce
- Start DXP SP1 + DE10
- Place Nested Portlets portlet on homepage (i.e. outer portlet)
- Place 2 Web Content Display portlets (i.e. inner portlet) within the Nested Portlets portlet
- Click on the first inner Web Content Display portlet's Look and Feel Configuration
- Modify the Border Color to Green, and save it
- Click on the second inner Web Content Display portlet's Look and Feel Configuration
- Modify the Border Color to White, and the pixels to 0 (should force no border) and save it
- Click on the outer Nested Portlets portlet's Look and Feel Configuration
- Modify the Border Color to Red
- Reload your browser
Inner and outer portlets are displaying with a Red border, even though one inner nested portlet was configured to override and display a Green border and the other to no border
Outer portlet's red border should only display on itself and non-configured portlets within (if any). Or there should be a configuration enabling or disabling propagation. One Web Content Display portlet should have a green border, and the other none.
DXP SP1 + DE10