Affects Version/s: 7.0.0 DXP SP2, Master
The "Web Content" page type has been removed in DXP, which according to our documentation, is acceptable since it was deprecated since the beginning of 6.2.
However, there is no upgrade path for this page type, so post-upgrade, pages that were previously Web Content pages are now completely blank. They should at least be handled so that the data is not apparently "missing" from a user's perspective, even if the old functionality cannot be achieved without re-implementing the removed feature.
Steps to reproduce:
- Startup Liferay 6.1 or 6.2 with the following portal property: layout.types=portlet,panel,embedded,article,url,link_to_layout
- Create a new page with the Web Content page type
- Add some web content, then copy the contentId into the Web Content ID field for the Web Content page in "Site Pages"
- Shut down Liferay
- Upgrade to Liferay DXP(DE10) using the upgrade tool
- Startup Liferay
- Navigate to the Web Content page you created in Liferay 6.1
Expected result: Formerly "Web Content" pages are no longer working the same, but at least still have content intact
Actual result: Formerly "Web Content" pages are now blank (from user perspective, content is "missing")
Reproduced in master: 1867fd879ce008b1f27a73ee892096baf4091f1f
Reproduced in ee-7.0.x: 34cc96cfb060020440bde1847fc9b47a511d9dad