Affects Version/s: 7.0.X EE
Component/s: ~[Archived] WCM
Note, this issue is resolved unintentionally in master by
LPS-67119. The contents of LPS-67119 are a technical task, so we should not backport them as they are not intentionally fixing the bug described in this ticket.
Web content structure with localization is saving garbage data in place of images
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1) Create a web content structure with a text field and an image field, and create a template for that structure.
2) Create a web content with that structure. Add a title and a summary and publish the web content.
3) Add a translation, and set a new title and a summary for that translation and publish the web content.
4) Add an image to the English/default translation and publish the web content.
5) Edit the content and view the translation.
No image is copied over and only the 'select' option is available. The content column in the database looks like the following for the translated image field:
No image is copied over, but there is a "Select", "Clear" and "Preview" button shown. The content column in the database looks like the following for the translated image field:
This bug also adds garbage data to the content that is being saved. This can be observed by clicking on the "options" button (3 dots) and clicking on View Source. For the translation's image data, there is dummy data instead. On every additional save, this dummy data seems to replicate and get very large.