We have tested the following languages and have found that non-ASCII characters appear broken:
- Languages that utilize accented characters like (á,ô,ü,å) – example, á is rendered as Ã¡
This affects a user's account information (e.g. all fields in My Account), Site Name, Role names, and more. The only part that we tested that preserved the original names were site content, and page names.
Steps to Reproduce
2. Restart Liferay
3. Multi bytes characters are displayed correctly at this point
4. Rename a Site name, e.g., from "Liferay" to "ライフレイ", and Save
The site name are scrambled like "ãƒ©ã‚¤ãƒ•ãƒ¬ã‚¤"
Site name will appear as "ライフレイ"
If we add the localization tag to the URL (e.g. /en), the text is preserved properly. For example:
- enter non english characters アアア
Result: Inputted characters are preserved アアア
ee-7.0.x - 85f69a92d921bd400fc42b11c4b9a704fd9839ba
DXP + Fix Pack DE-12
Did not test in