Adding support for Asset Display Pages to an application involves the following aspects:
1) For applications that allow the creation of assets there should be:
- An API that allows registering the asset type so that a default Asset Display Page is automatically created. This API should leverage (and extend, if necessary) the Asset Renderer API.
- An API that allows creating an advanced form field so that the creator can choose (optionally) one of the existing display pages for that asset. This API could also take the form of a taglib
2) For applications that link to an existing asset there should be:
- An API to build a URL to the asset