When we grant an Organization Administrator role to a user, they are able to access the Users and Organization through a URL such as http://localhost:8080/group/control_panel/manage?p_p_id=com_liferay_users_admin_web_portlet_UsersAdminPortlet, but there is no way in the UI to access Users and Organization.
Steps to Reproduce
- Start a clean Liferay DXP + DE-12 environment
- Sign in as email@example.com
- Open up the Product Menu > Control Panel > Users > Users and Organization > Organizations tab > and add an Organization called "NewOrg"
- Open up Control Panel > Users and create new user, then assign it to the "NewOrg" organization
- Grant the new user Organization Administrator (Organization Role) for "NewOrg"
- Open a separate browser and login with the new user
- Open up the Product Menu, and assert that Control Panel is not showing (i.e. there's no way to access Users and Organization through the Product Menu)
- Go back to the original browser where you are logged in as firstname.lastname@example.org, then copy the URL of Users and Organizations (e.g. http://localhost:8080/group/control_panel/manage?p_p_id=com_liferay_users_admin_web_portlet_UsersAdminPortlet)
- In the browser where we are logged in with the new Organization Administrator user, copy and paste the link from the previous step
The Organization Administrator is able to view the Users and Organizations panel through the direct URL, but does not have a way to access it through the UI.
Either the Organization Administrator has access through the UI through the Product Menu > Control Panel > Users > Users and Organizations, OR they should not be able to access Users and Organizations through the URL (e.g. http://localhost:8080/group/control_panel/manage?p_p_id=com_liferay_users_admin_web_portlet_UsersAdminPortlet)