Affects Version/s: 6.2.X EE
Fix Version/s: None
Steps to reproduce:
- In Firefox, startup 6.2.x version and open firebug, Network tab.
- Open default Liferay page. Be sure to NOT be logged in.
- Check the http status code for /home HTTP GET request. It should be 200.
- Refresh same page with F5. Now you should see that request returns HTTP 304 status (not modified).
- Now deploy notifications-portlet.
- Refresh page. As we deployed portlet we should see HTTP status 200 again.
- Refresh page again. Check now the http status code for /home HTTP GET request.
Expected behavior: as page is cached and we already made a request, it should return HTTP 304 status.
Actual behavior: it returns HTTP 200, making it NOT cached in browser and hence causing network latency as it should get resources again.