Affects Version/s: 7.0.X EE, Master
Component/s: Documents & Media
Whenever you attempt to edit a document, the sourceFileName attribute that gets passed into the code is blank unless you have uploaded a new version of the file. This causes a FileEntryException to be thrown if you are using a value of the dl.file.extensions portal property other than the default value of *. This effectively makes it impossible to edit a document after it has initially been uploaded.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Add the following line to your portal-ext.properties file: dl.file.extensions=.bmp,.css,.doc,.docx,.dot,.gif,.gz,.htm,.html,.jpg,.js,.lar,.odb,.odf,.odg,.odp,.ods,.odt,.pdf,.png,.ppt,.pptx,.rtf,.swf,.sxc,.sxi,.sxw,.tar,.tiff,.tgz,.txt,.vsd,.xls,.xlsx,.xml,.zip,.jrxml,.mpg,.wmv,.flv,.avi,.mp4,.mov
2. Start the portal
3. Navigate to Content > Documents and Media
4. Add a basic document and upload a .jpg
5. Give the document a title and description
6. Publish the document
7. Edit the file and change the description
8. Publish the document
Expected Result: The document would publish
Actual Result: Saving the document is unsuccessful and an error displays "Document names must end with one of the following extensions...."