Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 7.0.X EE, Master
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Liferay Themes
When applying a new version of a theme to an instance of Liferay, the theme becomes broken when applying it to a page. The following error is produced and the theme reverts back to the default Liferay theme.
1. Start up an instance of Liferay
2. Place version 1 of theme in the deploy folder (10.58 MB)
3. Go to Navigate --> Public Pages --> Configure --> Change Current theme and apply version 1 of theme to public pages
4. Navigate to the main Liferay page to view the theme.
5. Place version 2 of theme in the deploy folder (11.92 MB)
6. Navigate to the main Liferay page (refresh if necessary)
Expected Results: Version 2 of theme is applied to the page
Actual Results: Page theme reverts back to Liferay default theme and error message is produced
Reproduced - c45e31c76a50c66e5f99456af0a2d52123eff880
Reproduced - 08f837730b88afa87f59ab0eb1f2e9688e1ac29d